About the Journal
AIMS AND SCOPE
- GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences is an official publication of Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences . It is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and case reports in all areas of medical science. The journal's full text is available online at http://gjms.gaims.ac.in/ojs/index.php/gjms
- GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences is an open access, peer-reviewed medical journal with aim of publishing and disseminating high quality original research in the field of medical science.
- Scope of Journal: GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences is a multi-disciplinary journal of medical sciences.The journal has a broad coverage of relevant topics in all fields of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pediatrics, Radiology, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, Anaesthesia, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Medical Education.
- Language of publication: English
- Starting year: 2021
- Types of articles: The types of articles accepted include original research articles, review articles, meta-analyses, insightful editorials, medical news, case reports, short communications, correspondence, images in medical practice, clinical problem solving, perspectives and new surgical techniques.
- Frequency of publication: GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences is published bi-annually and available in online version (Online ISSN: 2583-1763)
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
- The journal allows free access to its contents. GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences is dedicated to bringing medical community around the world the best research and key information. This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
EDITORIAL PROCESS AND PEER REVIEW PROCESS:
- We at GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences understand the importance of the peer- review process in upholding the quality of scholarly publications. Once the manuscript is received from authors it passes from following stages:
- The manuscript is first handled by the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team (team consists of subject experts). During this process, the manuscript is checked for plagiarism and grammatical errors. The use of software to detect plagiarized content and grammatical errors in the manuscript ensures more accuracy in this process. Subject experts decide the relevance of the scope of the manuscript and its category with GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences scope.
- After successfully passing this step, the manuscript is assigned a unique code, and the decision regarding further process is communicated to the corresponding author. The coded manuscript is then forwarded for the blindfolded review process.
- The manuscript is then forwarded for reviewers evaluation. Reviewers are selected by the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences management team on set parameters including the area of expertise, experience, and availability. All reviewers are provided with a template of reviewers report facilitating structured review in a uniform format. Reviewers need to submit their evaluation report within the stipulated time.
- Evaluation report received by the reviewers are then analyzed by the journal management team and communicated to one of the editorial board members for his / her approval for publishing in the upcoming issue of GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences.
- The entire report/decision is then communicated to the corresponding author to make suggested changes in the manuscript. Authors are also provided with copyright form along with a journal template to resubmit their manuscript with necessary corrections.
- The corrected manuscript is then handled by the journal management team for possible copyediting. Copyright form, ethics clearance letter, a letter from the institutional review board, the informed consent form is scrutinized by the journal management team for its authenticity.
- The authors are then communicated about the publication of the corrected manuscript in the upcoming issue of GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences and the possible date of publication.
- This process may take a few months depending upon the reviewers’ response to the manuscript evaluation. GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences does not guarantee fast review or publication.
- The process ensures that the identity of reviewers is kept confidential and cannot be revealed to authors.
- No plagiarism policy: No manuscript with plagiarized content shall be considered for publication in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences.
- Proper copyright permission: Manuscript in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences shall not be published until authors submit copyright form duly signed by all authors .
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest: Manuscript without a signed declaration on ‘Conflict of Interest’ by authors shall not be considered for publication in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences.
- Proper Ethical Clearance: Research work / clinical investigation involving patient and animal studies cannot be considered for publication in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences without submission of Ethical Clearance Letter / Institutional Review Board’s permission, informed consent, and other necessary documents as suggested by COPE.
- Good Clinical Practice: Reports of clinical trials submitted to GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences for publication should be in compliance with the Declaration of Helsinki, and Good Clinical Practice.
- Reproducing or coping published content of GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences: Manuscripts published in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences cannot be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission from theGAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team. If scholars need to refer content of the manuscript for their research/review work, then it should be cited appropriately in the part of references of their work.
- Plagiarism, scientific misconduct committed by authors noticed by the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team shall be dealt with promptly and precisely.
- GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team is authorized to suspend the manuscript immediately on observing scientific misconduct by authors until the issue is cleared legitimately. Authors accused of scientific misconduct shall be given enough time and support to put forward their views on the issue.
- GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team then refers to the issue to Editorial Board members of GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences. A separate (independent) investigation committee will be set up to investigate the matter as per the severity of the misconduct.
- If found guilty, the issue of scientific misconduct shall be communicated to the author’s institutional officials for the future course of action. Such authors will be banned to publish manuscripts in GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences in the future.
- Complaints received from readers will be handled promptly by the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences journal management team in a structured way. All complaints and reported scientific misconduct shall be handled as per the guidelines given by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics), OASPA (Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association) and WAME (World Association of Medical Journals).
- If a manuscript (under consideration or published) is violating journal publication ethics on the ground of plagiarism, infringement of professional ethical code, multiple submissions, bogus claim of authorship, fraudulent / manipulated data would be retracted as per the guidelines given by COPE
The entire contents of the journals published by GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences are protected under Indian and international copyrights. The publisher, however, grants to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, perform and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works in any digital medium for any reasonable non-commercial purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship and ownership of the rights. The publisher also grants the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal non-commercial use under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) License.
- The entire contents of the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences are protected under copyrights. The Journal, however, grants to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, perform and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works in any digital medium for any reasonable non-commercial purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship and ownership of the rights. You may not otherwise use, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, rent, lease, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, circulate, disseminate, perform, link, display, or in any way exploit any product or Intellectual Property, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted in any agreement you may have with GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences or with the prior written consent of the appropriate owner.
- You may not use the site to publish or distribute any information which is illegal, which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening or vulgar, or which is otherwise actionable at law.
- You may not, without the approval of GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, use the site to publish or distribute any advertising, promotional material, or solicitation to other users of the site to use any goods or services. For example (but without limitation), you may not use the site to conduct any business, to solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law, or to solicit other users to become subscribers of other information services. Similarly, you may not use the site to download and redistribute public information or shareware for personal gain or distribute multiple copies of public domain information.
- Neither GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences nor its publishers nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or delivering the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences (online or printed or any other form) or the materials contained therein, assumes any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information provided in the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, nor shall they be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences.
- All material published in the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences undergoes peer review to ensure fair balance, objectivity, independence, and relevance to educational need. The editors of the material have consulted sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information that is in accord with the standards accepted at the time of posting. However, in view of the possibility of error by the authors, editors, or publishers of the works contained in the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, neither the journal, nor its publishers, nor any other party involved in the preparation of material contained in the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences represents or warrants that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such material. Readers are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources.
- Consumers and patients reading articles posted on the website of the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences should review the information carefully with their healthcare provider. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by the physicians. The GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences and its publishers make no representations or warranties with respect to any treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences. The journal and its publishers will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.
- The advertisers who purchase Banners on the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences have no influence on editorial content or presentation. Moreover, the posting of particular banners does not imply endorsement by the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences or its editors.
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, its publishers, the editors and their agents, and the contributors to the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, against any liability for any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, relating to any violation of the terms of this agreement or arising out of any materials submitted by you.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of India applicable to agreements wholly made and performed in India without regard to its conflict of laws principle. Before seeking legal recourse for any harm you believe you have suffered from your access to the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, you will give the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences written notice specifying the harm and 30 days to cure the harm after providing such notice. In the event that you believe you have been irreparably harmed by any cause of action relating to the GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, you agree to inform journal in writing and grant the GAIMS journal of medical sciences thirty (30) days to cure the harm before initiating any action. Any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or a breach thereof, shall be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction in Bhuj city, and you hereby consent and submit to personal jurisdiction of such court, waive any objection to venue in such court and consent to service of process at your last known address. Any cause of action initiated by you must be initiated within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action has arisen or it will be barred.
- You agree that this agreement and the terms and conditions hereof, including all disclaimers set forth herein, shall inure to the benefit of the editors and their agents, and the contributors to GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences, as third party beneficiaries hereto, to the same extent that this agreement inures to the benefit of the journal. GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change the terms and conditions of this agreement from time to time and your access of journal will be deemed to be your acceptance of and agreement to any changed terms and conditions.
- GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences may contain links to web sites operated by other parties. These links are provided purely as educational purpose. Such links do not imply GAIMS Journal of Medical Sciences endorsement of material on any other site and GAIMS journal of medical sciences disclaims all liability with regard to your access of such linked web sites.